Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Pig Out Vegan Style



Friday night my husband and I met friends for dinner at Hundred Acres. The restaurant is known for locally sourcing most of their ingredients and their menu boasts impressive meat-based dishes as well as vegetable sides. I'd visited Hundred Acres many times in the past for dinner as well as their awesome happy hour featuring $6 drinks and glasses of vino.

My husband and I split their local greens salad with fennel, honey crisp apples and herbs. The salad was also dressed with shaved parmesan, which I avoided since dairy is one of my sensitivities. For my main I said to the waitress, "I'm going to order a few sides, creating a vegetable dish for my main." The waitress responded with, "That's fine if you're not that hungry."

Huh?

Why would eating vegetables mean I'm not hungry when in fact I was close to ravenous?

Instead of responding with, "I have multiple food sensitivities including chicken and beef so I've adopted a less inflammatory vegan/vegetarian-bsed diet.", I decided not to respond to her comment and I said, "I'll have the roasted brussels sprouts, braised mustard greens and crispy smashed creamer potatoes."

Needless to say by the end of the meal I was so full that I was almost uncomfortable. I pigged out on veggies.

Oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what ya like.