Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Glutinous Insurgents



Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of rumbling, pinging and other strange occurrences coming from my abdominal area. It's like a monster truck show is going on in my intestines. I remember before I switched my diet from glutinous and animal-based to gluten-free vegan that every afternoon I had major gas and bloatedness. Basically, I looked pregnant. Pregnant with a gaseous monster.

I reflected upon my diet, which is totally gluten free. Well, I thought totally gluten free. I think I singled out the possible culprit. I believe the source of my discomfort could be the organic oatmeal I've been eating in the morning. Oatmeal is one of those controversial foods simply because by nature it doesn't contain gluten. But oatmeal is grown in fields adjacent to the evil wheat. Also, it's a rotation crop meaning it's grown on soil that also grows wheat, barley and rye certain times of the year. So contamination in the field is one issue. Secondly, some oats are processed in facilities where wheat or other glutinous grains are handled. Again, contamination.

The solution: Glutenfreeda Oatmeal!




The oats in this box are grown on oats members only soil. No glutinous outsiders. And these oats have their very own exclusive processing facility that boasts a huge "Gluten Keep Out" sign. Hopefully, no belly swell or strange noises from the nether regions today. I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what ya like.