Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

My Latest Vegan, Gluten-free Breakfast



My new breakfast invention isn't actually so new. Actually, it could be labeled lazy. The centerpiece of it is cold oatmeal. That's right, I pour a bag of instant gluten free oats into a bowl. Next, I add about a tablespoon of ground flax meal and about half a cup of Erewhon gluten free brown rice cereal. On top of this, I stir in chopped apple or pear plus banana. Additional add-ins include cacao nibs, goji berries  and dried cherries. I top it all off with organic rice milk. I love it.

I had been making hot oatmeal, which I had to add agave too.  The hot stuff got boring fast and the taste became almost icky. I find that eating it cold, tastes better and requires zero agave. You could toss in nuts, a sprinkle of cinnamon or other spice of choice or berries. If you're feeling really wild, a few Enjoy Life chocolate chips are a nice treat too.

About half an hour before eating the cereal, I have a glass of green juice. I try to always quick-off my day on an alkaline note. Pretty soon after arriving at work, things usual go acidic anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what ya like.