Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Recipe For Disaster



I really enjoyed reading Green For Life. Sunday I decided to try one of the smoothie recipes from the book, especially since it made one full quart. Enough for right then and the next day. The recipe called for 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 cup of pineapple and 3 cups of dandelion greens plus 2 cups of water. I usually put ice and cucumber in mine, to give them a thick consistency. I turned on my Vitamix and seconds later I pulled a tall glass of green. I took a sip. And, the green drink was well....fugly. My recipes are so much better. I drank a tall glass of fugly then put the rest in the fridge.





The next day the smoothie looked like on of those layered desserts from the seventies. But the top later was swamp residue and the bottom liquid snot. I dumped the contents into my Vitamix and added an apple, half a cucumber, some ice and a teaspoon of each spirulina and goji berres. This time the taste was divine.

What do you like to put in your smoothies.?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what ya like.